Diagnosis of Percentages of Progress in Weight Training and its Relationship to the Dynamic Development of Muscle Strength of Football Players
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Muscle strength is one of the most important elements of fitness that must be available to football players. For a long period of time the weight training has been the subject of controversy among the specialists in the preparation and training of football players, the scientific researches has settled this controversy, where most of the results indicated that weight training has become necessary for the development of different types of muscular strength (maximum force – the special force of speed – endurance power). In fact the Algerian football sport lacks weight training programs and how to plan and evaluate the level of development of muscular strength during the training program with scientific bases and methods to avoid muscle inflation and increase muscle mass that can affect skill performance. The researchers' study note that there is a great detour of football players around the muscle strengthening rooms without a formal training program, which may lead to an increase in muscle inflation. So that the researchers decided to design a weight training program ,and diagnosing the percentage of progression and its relation to the dynamics of muscle strength development of different muscle groups and increasing muscle inflation as much as required for football players under 21 years of research experimental sample.
- M. Górski, M. Starczewski, A. Pastuszak, J. Mazur-Różycka, J. Gajewski, K. Buśko, Changes of Strength and Maximum Power of Lower Extremities in Adolescent Handball Players During a Two-year Training Cycle, Journal of Human Kinetics, 63 (2018) 95–103.
- S. Akila, Effect of basketball skill training and yoga training on playing ability of School basketball players, International Journal of Adapted Physical Education ad Yoga, Effect of 1 (2016) 1-8.
- P.T. Nikolaidis, J. Ingebrigtsen, Physical and Physiological Characteristics of Elite Male Handball Players from Teams with a Different Ranking, Journal of Human Kinetics, 38 (2013) 115–124.
- R. Pruna, Miñarro L. Tribaldos, K. Bahdur, Player talent identification and development in football, Apunts Medicina de l'Esport (English Edition), 53 (2018) 43–46.
- T.J. Suchomel, S. Nimphius, M.H. Stone, The Importance of Muscular Strength in Athletic Performance, Sports medicine (Auckland, N.Z.), 46 (2016) 1419–1449.
- S. Singh, R. Chengappa, A. Banerjee, Evaluation of Muscle Strength Among Different Sports Disciplines: Relevance for Improving Sports Performance, Medical Journal Armed Forces India, 58 (2002) 310–314.
- S. Sturgess, R.U. Newton, Design and implementation of a specific strength program for badminton, Strength & Conditioning Journal, 30 (2008) 33–41.
- A.D. Faigenbaum, Strength training for children and adolescents, Clinics in Sports Medicine, 19 (2000) 593–619.
- W.J. Kraemer, N.A. Ratamess, Fundamentals of resistance training: progression and exercise prescription, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 36 (2004) 674–688.
- N.C. Wetzel, Physical fitness in terms of physique, development and basal metabolism: with a guide to individual progress from infancy to maturity: A new method for evaluation, Journal of the American Medical Association, 116 (1941) 1187–1195.
- M. Haga, Physical fitness in children with high motor competence is different from that in children with low motor competence, Physical Therapy, 89 (2009) 1089–1097.
- K. Peek, D. Gatherer, K.J. Bennett, J. Fransen, M. Watsford, Muscle strength characteristics of the hamstrings and quadriceps in players from a high-level youth football (soccer) Academy, Research in Sports Medicine, 26 (2018) 276–88.
- J.K. Rysgaard, J. Strøm, D.N. Sørensen, Changes in Power Output following 6 weeks of Jump Shrug Training with a Hexagonal Barbell or an Olympic Barbell in Adolescent American Football Players, 2018, Master thesis, Aalborg University.
- T.J. Suchomel, S. Nimphius, C.R. Bellon, M.H. Stone, The importance of muscular strength: Training considerations, Sports Medicine, 48 (2018) 765–785.
- R. Meir, R. Newton, E. Curtis, M. Fardell, B. Butler, Physical fitness qualities of professional rugby league football players: determination of positional differences, Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 215 (2001) 450–458.
- A.D. Lyttle, G.J. Wilson, K.J. Ostrowski, Enhancing performance: Maximal power versus combined weights and plyometrics training, Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 10 (1996) 173–179.
- A.C. Lacy, S.M. Williams, Measurement and evaluation in physical education and exercise science. Routledge; 2018, 8th Edition, CRC Press.
- I. Mujika, S. Halson, L.M. Burke, G. Balagué, D. Farrow, An integrated, multifactorial approach to periodization for optimal performance in individual and team sports, International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 13 (2018) 538–61.
- H. Petré, P. Löfving, N. Psilander, The Effect of Two Different Concurrent Training Programs on Strength and Power Gains in Highly-Trained Individuals, Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 17 (2018) 167.
- D.L. Siedentop, P. Hastie, H. Van der Mars, Complete guide to sport education. Human Kinetics; 2019.
- C-P. Jansen, C. Nerz, F. Kramer, S. Labudek, J. Klenk, J. Dams, H.H. König, L. Clemson, C. Becker, M. Schwenk, Comparison of a group-delivered and individually delivered lifestyle-integrated functional exercise (LiFE) program in older persons: a randomized noninferiority trial, BMC Geriatrics, 18 (2018) 267.
- D. Lorenz, S. Morrison, Current concepts in periodization of strength and conditioning for the sports physical therapist, International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy, 10 (2015) 734–747.
- M. Stone, S. Plisk, D. Collins, Strength and conditioning, Sports Biomechanics, 1 (2002) 79–103.
- A.D. Faigenbaum, G.D. Myer, Resistance training among young athletes: safety, efficacy and injury prevention effects, British Journal of Sports Medicine, 44 (2010) 56–63.
- Belkadi Adel, Benbernou Othman, Sebbane Mohamed, Laroua Abdelhafid, Benkazdali H. M, Jaques Gleyse, Contribution to the Identification of the Professional Skills Profile of Coaches in the Algerian Sport Judo System, International Journal of Sports Science, 5 (2015) 145–50.
- G. Abdelkader, R. Madani, B. Adel, S. Bouabdellah, International Journal of Physical Education, Fitness and Sports, 7 (2018) 66–71.
- L. Chrara, R.A. Raoui, A. Belkadi, A. Hocine, O. Benbernou, The impact of caloric restriction on anthropometrical and specific performance in highly-trained judo athletes, Arab Journal of Nutrition and Exercise, 3 (2018) 105–118.
- J. Bangsbo, M. Mohr, P. Krustrup, Physical and metabolic demands of training and match-play in the elite football player, Journal of Sports Sciences, 24 (2006) 665–74.
- A.J. Strudwick, T. Reilly, D. Doran, Anthropometric and fitness profiles of elite players in two football codes, The Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 42 (2002) 239–242.
- D.G.B. Baker, S.P. Nance, M.K. Moore, The load that maximizes the average mechanical power output during jump squats in power-trained athletes, The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 15 (2001) 92–97.
- M. Berria, K. Bachir, S.N. Eddine, B. Adel, Study of LDH adaptations associated with the development of Speed endurance in basketball players U19, International Journal of Applied Exercise Physiology, 7 (2018) 35–43.
- A. Rolls, K. George, The relationship between hamstring muscle injuries and hamstring muscle length in young elite footballers, Physical Therapy in Sport, 5 (2004) 179–187.
- R.K. Idris, B. Bloufa, D. Mokrani, The effect of the contrastive training using weights and plyometrics on the development of muscular ability and Extension for Handball Players, Journal of Education, Health and Sport, 8 (2018) 163–168.
- Djamel Mokrani, Houcine Benzidane, Tahar Tahar Sebbane Mohammed, The Reciprocal Relationship between Training with Weights and the Bliometrical Training and Their Effect on the Muscles Capacities Growth for Basketball Players, European Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 2 (2015) 90-96.
- J. Sundell, Resistance Training Is an Effective Tool against Metabolic and Frailty Syndromes, Advances in Preventive Medicine, (2011) 1-7.
- R. Morgans, P. Orme, L. Anderson, B. Drust, Principles and practices of training for soccer, Journal of Sport and Health Science, 3 (2014) 251–257.
- B.H. DeWeese, G. Hornsby, M. Stone, M.H. Stone, The training process: Planning for strength–power training in track and field. Part 1: Theoretical aspects, Journal of Sport and Health Science, 4 (2015) 308–17.